Blue/Pink Monday 10 11 10

Lingerie, underwear, blue, pink, Luca, Biana, bra, bikini, panties, Blue Monday, fufL,

The Biana bra and panty from Luca Fashion's Passion Pink lingerie collection. Enough blue to qualify for a Blue Monday post; just enough pink to start this week's theme.. and a few words about that:


I've thought quite seriously about this week's theme. I almost did it as far back as two Octobers ago. I usually don't do 'causes' though many may be worthy. This blog is not political. It's for those of us who enjoy lingerie, and enjoy beautiful photos of woman modeling it. But.. My girlfriend's Aunt is a breast cancer survivor. She has been healthy and in remission for about eight years, now. To say this woman is important to my girlfriend is an understatement. Next to her parents, this woman has been the most important friend and mentor in her life. And this was prior to her fight with breast cancer, not only because of it. So. October is known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Pink Ribbons and the color Pink are commonly accepted to draw attention to a very important cause. Does the color alone make a great lingerie theme? I'd say yes. If it can also be a reminder to you to think about the topic, as long as you understand I'm not trying to trivialize it, I don't see that as a bad thing. (And I know some reading will note the anatomy covered by half of the lingerie sets featured and say this and other blogs like it certainly get their mileage from highlighting said anatomy). I'm not going to endorse any specific charities or organizations. You may have investigated some to which you're partial; good for you if you've taken the time. If not, no time like the present. There are resources all over the net you can read. There's a great resource in your own doctor, or breast cancer survivors in your own community. Or local organizations that could use your help. End of message; I hope you enjoy this week's posts.