Maggie Gyllenhaal 'Shocked' at Underwear Pics

Lingerie, underwear, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Agent Provocateur, black, lace, bra, panties
From Digital Spy:

Maggie Gyllenhaal has revealed that she was shocked to see pictures of herself in her underwear after posing for Agent Provocateur.

The Secretary actress, 30, modeled for the lingerie firm's 'The Adventures of Miss AP' campaign, but said she was unprepared for what the job entailed.

She told Metro: "Somehow I hadn't understood that there'd be all these pictures of me out there in my underwear. I did it as an art project. ote>

"They asked me to do it and I said yes, but somehow I never put that together with the fact I’d have to stand around in my underwear getting my picture taken. The pictures are very tongue-in-cheek and have an irony about them, it’s not the same as doing a Victoria’s Secret ad. I felt like I was playing a character, someone who wasn’t me."

However, she added that she and her husband, actor Peter Sarsgaard, were thrilled with the final product, saying: "I was looking at them with Peter, saying: 'I don't look like that - that underwear is really good!'"


'That underwear' may be good, but perhaps Ms. Gyllenhaal needs to reassess her opinion of herself. Wonder what the chances are she might be similarly (un)attired as Rachel Dawes in the Batman Begins sequel, The Dark Knight, opening this week (July 18th in the U.S.)?